martes, 4 de diciembre de 2018

Cuentos para Kati XIII


Do you know who am I? If you see me walking by your side, on a rainy day, can you spot me at once? If I say hello to you on a sunny day, would you quickly realize my name?

I have many faces, many shades, but only one name. Most of them came as a result of necessity, adaptation you may call it, evolution perhaps. I wonder which one was the first, which one I was born with. After a while, it is difficult to walk by a mirror and recognizing myself. Hear my voice and claim it my own or simply having a mental picture of what am I, of who am I.

But I am still, I am myself, the way I look resembles the environment, though ultimately I could decide not to, perhaps at the expense of finding myself lost, hurt or to irrevocably die. Will that matter though? If I were to die, will I still be myself?

I have many faces, many colors shaping my fate, which one is me? Which color can I claim to be mine? Which face can I introduce if I want to be loved, if I want to be remembered? If I adapt, I am one more, one more subscribing to the idea of comfort, if i don't adapt, I am one more, though of a much smaller group, one more accepting to lose everything I have been told it matters.

I have many faces, many colors, many shades. Most of the time, I do it to survive, or to be accepted, ultimately to be loved, to keep receiving love's better gift, life. But sometimes, It makes me sad not to know who am I or how to describe properly the idea of myself. I still have the same name, but that was given to me, is it really who am I ? You may call me by my name, even if you don't see me, and even if I don't reply, I still know you are calling for me so I wonder if the answer is that?

I have many faces but I can chose to reply or not if you call my name, since sometimes you can't see me, maybe you wouldn't be offended if I don't reply and if I can decide to respond, maybe I can decide which one am I, which face, which color, which shape, which shade. It is the same with you, it is not? You are not the same you were when you were born, you are not the same you were today, nor tomorrow but you have the same name, so who am I? Who are you?

I have many faces but none of them is who am I, I simply am, I am simply what I decide to be today.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario